PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal account information), email address, a phone number, and birth data. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, and providing you with invoices, order confirmations, and instructions to access orders). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Constant Contact to power our email marketing, and collect, process, and analyze the Information we receive. You can read more about how Constant Contact uses your information here: https://www.constantcontact.com
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site—you can read more about how Google uses your Device Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example, if you have specifically opted to receive our newsletter you will receive emails from us including free content, discounts, promotions, advertisements, and announcements. If you have provided your birth data, we may send you information or marketing relevant to your Human Design.
OPT OUT PROCEDURE
You can opt out of our newsletter by clicking the opt out option at the bottom of the newsletter.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, if you are a European resident please note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16.
This Site has installed an encryption software conforming to the Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocol to safeguard all of the commerce related (i.e. credit card and billing address) information you send to us.
LEARNER'S RECORD PRIVACY AND INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY
Learner records are confidential documents accessible to specific staff in the BG5 Business Institute admin area of the website. Security to maintain confidentiality of records is strictly enforced. In accordance with this, the following policies are established:
* No BG5 Business Institute learner information will be sold or disseminated to any other source.
* A breach in maintenance of record confidentiality by staff will be grounds for immediate termination.
* Individual records will not be released except with a written request by the learner.
* BG5BI maintains a permanent record for learners for a minimum of seven years, for all trainings and courses completed by each learner.
* Support documents for the academic record are kept in BG5BI’s records.
* Learner copies of current transcripts will be available within one business day after successfully submitting a request and the learner’s identity has been verified.
* Any discrepancies noted in the learner record should be reported within two weeks to BG5BI at email@example.com.
RETENTION AND RELEASE POLICY-PERMANENT RECORDS
The official transcript of a learner’s academic record is released only upon receipt of a written request from the learner authorizing the release. No other transcript request is honored.
In order to request a release of their information learners must go to their Account at the bg5businessinstitute.com website and enter their private login and passcode. If this is correct, their transcript will be sent to their preferred email address within the database. If a learner enters the wrong login and/or password, the learner can reset their password. If the learner has a problem they must contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
RECORD INFORMATION INPUT AND MAINTENANCE
The BG5BI Admin automatically captures, records and stores the following:
* Learner’s training registration is immediately captured in the database upon registration.
* Learner’s training attendance.
* Confirms learner’s successful completion of IACET Continuing Education Unit (CEU).
* Sends a training completion certificate to the learner via email after successful completion requirements are verified by the Instructor.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail: 7040 Avenida Encinas #104-380, Carlsbad, CA 92024.
Effective May, 2018; Revised November, 2021
Note: There are imitators and unlicensed, unauthorized users of this material. Please contact only legally licensed organizations and IHDS or BG5 Certified professionals to ensure that you have the best experience of The Human Design System or The BG5 Career and Business System.